Monday, January 2, 2012

Success From Failure: 3 Key Points

Image Source: Renjith Krishnan
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=721

The new year is here.  Blow 2011 a kiss goodbye, and slip 2012 your phone number.  Start working your game.  There is a lot to accomplish.

I have already begun taking this year by storm; I wrote "1/1/12" on a check yesterday without any mistake.  If I can continue the streak of not writing the wrong year I think that's a sure sign of good things to come.

As I crossed the threshold into the new year I decided I want to have more successes.  Being a member of Club 4.0 isn't satisfying enough!  I thought about how to make this happen, and decided that truly embracing the risk of failure is the only way.  Here are three points to remember in the quest for success.

You'll only achieve what you reach for
Far too often we tend to forgo certain demanding tasks because we know that there is a great probability for failure.  Without exerting the extra effort toward your desired goal, you will never achieve it.  If you have your eyes set on something great, the risk of failure will probably be great too.  Face it.

Failures are lessons that give you an edge
Every time you fail, you learn something.  You learn what worked, and you learn what didn't work.  You begin to understand the best way to approach the problem, and start to map your path to success.  Don't be afraid to place yourself in situations where you have the potential to fail.  You either succeed, or fail and gain more knowledge and experience to eventually succeed.  It's a win-win situation.  Believe it.

Failures are motivating events
The times when I have performed my best have been when I had something to prove.  I love the feeling of being the underdog.  When you experience failure, you become eager to regroup and approach the situation again with new strength.  I like to win and succeed, so losing or failing makes me hungrier for what I was close to achieving.  Risk the chance of failure, knowing that you'll just be given more motivation if you don't succeed.  Do it.

Have no fear of failure and Success will be your middle name.

Best wishes as the new year begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment